10 Knolles Drive, Stanford in the Vale, SN7 8FD - Pain & Injury Clinic
Covid-19 CLIENT HYGIENE:
- Please shower before arrival, tie your hair back if it is long and remove any make up.
- Wear clean comfortable clothes. Mechanical massage can be given through clothing.
- You will be required to bring your own mask to wear during your treatment.
- To avoid cross contamination i can no longer provide towels. Therefore please bring with you two large clean bath towels/sheets. One to lay on and one to cover yourself.
- If you or your family have any of the symptoms listed on Government guidelines, be respectful and do not come.
- Turning up unwell will result in you being asked to leave.
- On arrival you will be asked to wash hands and apply hand gel.
- Common sense is required.
- Do not park in, or on the driveway. Please park on the roadside.
- Appointments will be staggered and subsequently very limited for your protection.
- Do not come straight from work.
- Please wait on the doorstep to be let in.
- Please bring a bottle of water with you.
- Transfer funds before coming.
This policy outlines some of the key measures I have taken to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note the content may be subject to change.
Adhering to guidelines:
Throughout the pandemic, I will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and my professional association, the Federation of Holistic Therapists, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) in order to
- identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus;
- think about who could be at risk;
- decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed; and to act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk. This includes minimising patients, staggering times and adequate ventilation.
- I will be transitioning to a studio at my home as soon as it is safe to do so. This will enable me to have a separate unit to my home to carry out pain and injury assessment and management. i will be the only therapist using my studio and only one person can enter with me at any time.
New Covid-compliant studio now OPEN!
Prior to seeing any of my clients, I will be:
- monitoring my own health and deferring treatments if I have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
- contacting my clients 24 hours in advance and deferring any treatments if: they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding; anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; they have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace Service and told to self isolate.
- asking my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures:
- I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, which includes washing and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches, and replacing any porous or single-use items, such as towels, aprons, masks and couch roll.
- Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular hand washing/sanitising.
- Pillows are waterproof for sanitisation.
- Towels are no longer provided for your safety. You are required to bring your own.
Adapting or restricting treatments:
- It may be necessary for me to adapt or restrict certain treatments, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect my clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
Maintaining social distancing:
- Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment.
- If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because my client has COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19. I am happy to be contacted to discuss any aspect of your treatment during this time.
Please contact me at:
OR ring/ text me 07710 170838